First time getting Botox? How exciting! It can also feel intimidating if you don’t know what to expect. From what happens during your same-day Botox consultation in Hyattsville, Maryland to how quickly you can see results, here’s what experts want you to know!
What Is Botox, and What Makes It so Effective Against Wrinkles?
Botox is a cosmetic injectable that contains botulinum toxin, a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It works by temporarily blocking nerve signals to your muscles, reducing activity in the injected area to smooth out your skin and produce various benefits.
It is most often used to reduce the appearance of dynamic wrinkles, such as crow’s feet and frown lines. By preventing muscular contractions, it’s also helpful to prevent the formation of wrinkles in the first place.
Botox can make your lips appear fuller and reduce a gummy smile in a procedure known as a lip flip. Ultimately, it’s a surprisingly versatile, non-surgical treatment.
What Can You Expect at Your Same-Day Botox Consultation in Hyattsville, Maryland?
Having a botulinum toxin consultation is an important step in determining whether this beloved anti-aging injectable is suitable for your specific needs and aesthetic goals. Assessing and confirming your eligibility for this procedure ensures that you have a safe, positive experience.
During your same-day consultation, you can expect the following:
- A discussion of your goals: Be prepared to have an open and honest conversation about what you want from this procedure, plus the results you expect to achieve. Make sure to clearly communicate what you want to your injector.
- An examination of your facial anatomy: Your provider will assess and physically examine your facial features to highlight areas of concern and injection points.
- A review of your medical history: While Botox has a high safety record, it’s not for everyone. Talk to your injector about any existing health conditions, medications you take, and previous cosmetic treatments if applicable.
- A customized Botox plan: All of this information is then used to craft the ideal treatment plan. This includes ideal dosage and injection sites, to achieve your wants and needs.
- Information on cost and aftercare: After a plan is created, you will receive information on how much it will cost, plus how to care for your results and when you’ll see them.
How Long Does It Take to See Results After Botox Injections?
Many people start seeing improvement in their skin as early as three to four days after their same-day Botox consultation in Hyattsville, Maryland. However, it can take 10 to 14 days before you see the full effects.
You may notice results sooner in areas such as around the eyes and in fine lines on the forehead. However, wrinkles that are deep may take longer to improve. Dosage and injection placement also determine how quickly you’ll see the effects of Botox.
How Long Do Results Last? Is Botox Permanent?
On average, Botox injections last three to four months, depending on the dosing, how your body responds to it, and how well you care for your skin afterwards.
Talk with your practitioner about how long you can expect your results to last, when you should come in for maintenance, and how you can extend the longevity of your outcome.
Reverse the Clock With at Our Anti-Aging Team at Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center!
Dr. St. Surin-Lord and team are here to help you take control of the natural aging process. Our practice uses cutting-edge techniques and high-quality injectables! Proudly serving Largo and surrounding areas, we can’t wait to help you look and feel your best. Call us now at 301-358-3304 to book for beautifying Botox results!