Up until recently, products and cosmetic treatments for dark skin tones were significantly lacking.
Thankfully, there’s been increasing improvement in this area, ensuring that even laser hair removal for black skin is safe. But first, here’s what you need to know!
Is Laser Hair Removal for Black Skin Safe?
It’s only natural to be apprehensive when it comes to aesthetic procedures like laser hair removal, or LHR. Fortunately, modern advancements have made it safer than ever for patients with darker skin tones to receive safe, effective laser hair removal treatments.
Lasers such as Nd:YAG and diode are exceptional at treating darker skin tones without causing burning, pigmentation changes, or other types of harm. The Nd:YAG laser penetrates deeper into the skin than other lasers, even diode, bypassing pigmentation and focusing on the follicle.
The diode has its own perks, however, providing laser hair removal for black skin in a different way by taking a controlled, slower manner to prevent burning. It also uses an instant cooling device for additional comfort.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
The benefits of laser hair removal are near endless, including but not limited to:
- Eliminates tedious or uncomfortable hair removal methods like shaving or waxing
- Fast and precise for convenience and safety
- Prevents ingrown hairs, which can leave behind dark spots because of irritation
- Provides the closest, smoothest hair removal possible due to hair follicle destruction
- Saves you money in the long run, as treatments don’t have to be repeated like shaving
- Yields long-lasting results
Visit Visage Dermatology for Laser Hair Removal That’s Safe for All Skin Tones!
Visage Dermatology specializes in aesthetic services for skin of color, going a step above the rest to provide safe and effective treatments including LHR for dark skin. Contact us at 301-358-3304 to book your appointment today!