New to the world of HydraFacials? You’re likely curious about how to prepare for this very trendy skincare treatment. A powerful, multi-step process that can address multiple skin concerns, a HydraFacial is simple to prep for. This quick guide to the best HydraFacial in Glendale, Maryland will provide the advice you need to get ready for your appointment.
Know What You Want to Achieve With a HydraFacial
While a HydraFacial is not considered a medical treatment, it can be used in combination with one. If your dermatologist has recommended this sensational skin-clearing service as part of your treatment plan, make sure everyone is on the same page. Open communication between yourself, your dermatologist, and your aesthetician is key!
Stay Out of the Sun
UV rays are harmful all the time, whether natural or from tanning beds. You should always protect your skin with a quality sunscreen. Make sure you practice this habit before the best HydraFacial in Glendale, Maryland (and forever after)!
Arrive With Clean Skin
Yes, this brilliant facial cleanses, exfoliates, and hydrates your skin, but you need to arrive without makeup, lotions, or other products on your face. Many patients choose to stop wearing foundation makeup altogether for a week or so before their appointment. Doing so allows your skin to breathe during the session, so you might want to consider this for optimal HydraFacial results.
That’s it! Believe it when we say it’s that simple, it really is.
HydraFacial Aftercare 101: Know What to Expect
As with any skin treatment, side effects are to be expected. After your HydraFacial, your skin will be red and feel a bit sensitive to touch. You might also notice some peeling. These are all normal HydraFacial side effects and typically go away quickly on their own.
While your dermatologist will give you full pre-visit and post-HydraFacial instructions, here are general aftercare guidelines to follow:
- Don’t pick at your skin. If you do experience peeling, let the dead skin fall off naturally.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Your skin cleanser should not contain fragrance or alcohol. It should also be non-exfoliating. If you’re not sure what to use, ask your dermatologist.
- Stay away from hot environments. For 48 hours, you need to stay off the beach and away from saunas. In fact, you should avoid anything that can cause excessive sweating. This can cause bacteria to enter your pores and will irritate sensitive skin.
- Reschedule other treatments. Procedures like laser hair removal or waxing should be scheduled at least two weeks after a HydraFacial. These can interfere with your results.
- Do not apply makeup. This is an especially helpful aftercare tip if you are prone to breakouts. Wait at least 48 hours after your HydraFacial before applying makeup.
- Remember your sunscreen. Yes, we mention this again because it really is THAT important. You should stay out of the sun for 48 hours after your HydraFacial and then every day after that, and apply sunscreen every time you are outdoors.
You’ll Find the Best HydraFacial in Glendale, Maryland, at Visage!
At Visage, we are proud to offer our patients the most cutting-edge, innovative techniques and treatments. You want healthy, radiant skin and we want to make it happen!
Board-certified dermatologist Dr. St. Surin-Lord is here to help you achieve your skin goals. Whether you need to correct fine lines/wrinkles, acne, sun damage, skin elasticity, or pore size, you needn’t worry. Your HydraFacial can be customized to meet your unique needs. Your consultation is free, so what’s stopping you from picking up the phone and calling us now?
Make today the day you book your appointment for beautiful skin. Contact us at 301-358-3304 and be sure to ask about our exclusive membership program!