Liposuction vs. CoolSculpting
Our Washington DC CoolSculpting May Be Your Best Option
Are you currently considering liposuction? Are you searching for an effective way to lose fat and keep the inches off for years to come? If so, you may want to consider our CoolSculpting options! The CoolSculpting procedure is a fat-freezing process that is completely non-surgical, minimally invasive, and leads to lasting results.
Both liposuction and CoolSculpting procedures can help you remove excess fat, but the two procedures are actually very different from one another. Oftentimes, we at Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center hear questions about CoolSculpting and liposuction. We have provided a brief guide to help our patients understand the difference between these procedures and how each of them may be beneficial for patients with varying needs or objectives.
Are you interested in our proven CoolSculpting procedures? If so, contact our dermatologists in Largo, Maryland or call (301) 273-1251!
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic, surgical procedure that gets rid of excess body fat. The procedure breaks up fat cells then vacuums, or “sucks,” the fat away from specific areas of the body. The fat is typically removed using a hollowed instrument that is connected to a high-pressure vacuum. The instrument is then inserted through a small incision in the skin. Liposuction does not effectively treat obesity; rather, it is used to help improve the shape and contour of the body.
Let Us Help You Choose Between Liposuction & CoolSculpting
To make your decision easier, our Washington DC CoolSculpting specialists and dermatologists have provided a comparison chart that can help shed light on which weight-loss option may best suit your aesthetic needs and healthy living objectives.
- How The Procedure Works - Surgical procedure that vacuums excess fat deposits from under the skin. The procedure is used to shape and slim specific areas of the body.
- Is It Right For You? - Typically, candidates must be in good health to endure the surgical procedure. Candidates will usually have disproportionate fat deposits or body contours that have not responded to a healthy diet or exercise regimen.
- Benefits - Patients see a dramatic improvement of the body contouring and shaping.
- Risks - Surgical procedures can carry many risks, including death.
- Recovery - Surgical procedures will have lengthy recovery periods, and the amount of downtime will be dependent on how the patient responds to surgery. Additionally, patients may suffer serious bruising, swelling, scarring, and discomfort post-operation. Compression garments must be worn for lengthy periods of time to control swelling and aid in recovery.
- Results - Some patients report it can take months to see any real results, due to severe swelling. Results can be enjoyed only as long as the patient maintains a healthy, active lifestyle
- How The Procedure Works - Non-surgical, FDA Cleared procedure that specifically eliminates fat cells from the body. The procedure uses a non-invasive fat freezing technique called “Cryolipolysis.” The procedure is used to shape and slim targeted areas of the body.
- Is It Right For You? - Typically, candidates will be very close to their ideal body weight. Candidates have small areas of stubborn weight that won’t respond to diet or exercise. Candidates typically want to get rid of love handles, back fat, or lower belly fat.
- Benefits - Patients enjoy a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure with no discomfort or recovery time. Patients will enjoy a lifetime of results.
- Risks - Patients may have to undergo a number of treatments in order to achieve personal, preferential final results.
- Recovery - Because CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure, there is no recovery period! Patients can go on living life normally immediately after a procedure.
- Results - CoolSculpting procedures permanently eliminate 40% of fat cells in the treated areas. Patients have reported noticeable, natural results in as little as 6 weeks.
At Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center, we believe the results speak for themselves. If you are still considering CoolSculpting, we encourage you to browse our Photo Galleryto see real results from real people.
Call Our Dermatologists at (301) 273-1251
If you are interested in losing the number of fat cells in your body, CoolSculpting may be the best solution for you. Unlike any other type of weight loss surgery or non-surgical weight loss procedure, the results from CoolSculpting procedures are long-lasting. Once your fat cells are eliminated, they are gone for good. Whether or not you weigh less or more, your body will naturally shrink, allowing you to feel better, look better, and achieve the aesthetic goals that you want!
Learn More About Our Affordable Payment Plans Today
Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center proudly accepts CareCredit. This helps make cosmetic procedures like CoolSculpting financially feasible for many patients. Don’t let cost hold you back from looking and feeling your best! Call us today or apply for your CareCredit to get started on your weight-loss journey.
“Dr. Surin is the nicest person ever. She’s friendly, welcoming, and down to earth. She’s really knowledgeable in her field.”- Lanae B.
“More than a doctor!”- Terri T.
“She is very knowledgeable, experienced and spends quality time w/her patients to get a full understanding of your condition and the necessary steps/procedures required for the treatment ...I left the office feeling very confident & pleased!”- Lisa W.