Excessive Sweating Washington DC
Sweating is something you expect to do when you’re in the gym or when the weather heats up. It’s not something that you should struggle with as you go about any average day. The condition called hyperhidrosis is very real, and it can be disruptive to your life.
Hyperhidrosis: a day in the life
One of the reasons that many people never obtain treatment for their hyperhidrosis is that they don’t know for sure if they “qualify.” Here are a few clues that you may have hyperhidrosis:
- You are always prepared with a second (or third) shirt to change into
- Your excessive sweating has ruined dresses, shirts, blouses, or gowns
- You have developed ways to manage excessive sweating, such as keeping a stockpile of paper towels in your desk drawer for presentations or important meetings
- You rely on heavy usage of prescription strength antiperspirant that often leaves you disappointed
- You are constantly worried that you will break out in a sweat for “no good reason”
- You sweat when you are rushing, anxious, or for no apparent reason
We believe that everyone deserves to feel their best. The good news is that excessive sweating can be treated thanks to modern medicine. At Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center, we can help you resolve this concern in a single visit. All we need is a little Botox.
Botox for excessive sweating
Botox is widely known for its powerful effect on fine lines and wrinkles. In recent years, its positive action in the underarm, palms, and soles has become more evident. The reason Botox works is the purified protein blocks nerve transmissions. We sweat in response to signals from the brain. When the sweat glands are treated with Botox, they do not receive these messages. As a wonderful consequence, they stop producing sweat for months at a time.
With Botox and our precision techniques, it is possible to stop worrying and start living. For more information on treatment for excessive sweating, schedule a consultation at Visage Dermatology and Aesthetic Center in Largo. Call 301.965.0511.